Working together for sport.
Regional Gymnastics Development Manager
Steven Maloney has been the Regional Gymnastics Development Manager for Tayside and Fife for 1 year. He is based at the SportTayside & Fife offices and can be contacted on 01382 431851.
Steven was previously employed as the Gymnastics & Trampoline Development Officer with Dundee City Council’s sports Development Team. He also spent 5 years as a lecturer at Dundee College in Sports Coaching and Sports Development.
Role of Gymnastics Development Manager
As the role of Gymnastics Development Manager for Tayside and Fife Steven will have a key focus within the following areas:
• Implementation of a sport - specific Long Term Player Development Pathway
• Establishment of a Regional Player Improvement Programme.
• Development of a facilities strategy for the sports partnership activities.
• Establish a network of effective clubs
• Recruitment, education and support to a network of coaches
• Recruitment, education and support to volunteers.
By targeting these areas, it is hoped to strengthen the infrastructure of Gymnastics within the region and bring about sustainable increases in participation and performance levels of athletes at a regional and local level.
The Sport's Development Plan for 2006 - 2010 is now available for downloading.
Please click here
Web design, development, and hosting by MTC Media.